Setting up second side pricing for a Product
This issue is especially relevant to sign industry users of shopVOX.
Scenario: In sign industry some times the signs are two sided, example a banner is printed on both sides or a Coroplast directional sign has graphics on both sides etc.,
There are two ways to do this:
OPTION 1: To charge exactly only those parts that are used on the second side.
OPTION 2: To charge a fixed %, if the number of sides = 2; of the one sided price.
In the above two scenarios the accurate way is #1. #2 - is only an approximate but easy to setup.
So let's see the mechanics of both.
To charge exactly only those parts that are used on the second side.
Pricing Attributes: You need a Pricing attribute either as a Numeric called 'Sides', wherein you can type in the number of sides like 1, 2... or a Boolean attribute called 'Double Sided', to say that you want to charge the double sided price if the box is checked.
In this method what you need to figure out is, when the sign is selected as "Double Sided/ Sides=2"; what will all the Materials/Labor/Machine charges be added to the price of the product.
Example: if you are doing a Direction sign on Coroplast and digitally printing on both sides then this is what you would charge:
- Materials :
- Coroplast - Once (since you can use both sides)
- Ink - Twice (double or some extra percentage you decide to charge)
- Labor: Shop Labor - you might want to charge a bit more than single sided. For instance, charge an extra 50% more on labor for the second side.
Let's say the above is how we decide to charge...
So in the shopVOX Pricing template under a Product each of these Material/Labor/Machine rates has a field called, Item Formula and Filter.
If you are using the Pricing attribute called Sides (Numeric type), then in the Item Formula you will add to:
- Ink - Sides (that means what ever the ink charge is per side, it will multiply by the number entered in the Sides field. In this example it will be 2 sides, so shopVOX knows that it needs to multiply the ink charge * Sides)
- Shop Labor - Sides(that means what ever the Shop Labor charge is per side it will multiply by the number entered in Sides field, in this example it will be 2, so shopVOX knows that it needs to multiply the shop labor charge * Sides)
To charge a fixed %, if the number of sides = 2; of the one sided price.
If you just want to add a % charge of the base price to the Product, this is what you would do. For a full explanation of PBase pricing read this article here.
Add a Labor Rate called, "Second Side Percentage" and choose the Formula PBase(1)and put a percentage of the base price(2) to be charged in the Percentage of Base field.
Then add this Labor Rate to the Pricing Template of the product you want to charge in the Items to be Charged section of the Product template.