Quickbooks Desktop: Common Sync Errors
How to troubleshoot and fix common errors with Quickbooks Desktop sync. Occasionally, especially when first setting up and syncing with shopVOX; you will run into some issue that don't quite work with Quickbooks. This can also happen when you create a new Product or add a new material to an existing Product. Once you have these resolved, you shouldn't see errors of the same type in the future.
In this Article
- Status Code: 3140
- Status Code: 3120
- Error QBWC 1039
- Error Code 3060
There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Sales Rep "RM" in the Invoice. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
This error means you have a Sales Rep in shopVOX but you have not created a Sales Rep in QB Desktop.
How to fix this issue
Step 1. Go to Quick Books, add the employee, if they are not added yet here.
Step 2. Then go to the Lists > Sales Rep list and add the Sales Rep here.
Step 3. Make sure the Initials Match with the initials of this Sales Rep in shopVOX.
Step 4. Now re-sync the Invoices to QB from shopVOX
Object "5EED-1464989631" specified in the request cannot be found. QuickBooks error message: The name of the list element is already in use."
What this means is this particular invoice after it was synced to QB from shopVOX has been deleted from QB.
How to solve this issue
Open Quickbooks and check to see if this invoice exists in QB.
Invoice exists in QuickBooks?
Step 1. In the actions menu of the Invoice, click, Mark as Un-Posted. This will clear the id that was set to this Invoice referring to the QB Invoice reference number given by QB.
Step 2. Then click the action, Mark as Posted.
Invoices does not exist in QuickBooks?
Step 1. In the actions menu of the Invoice, click, Mark as Un-Posted.This will clear the id that was set to this Invoice referring to the QB Invoice reference number given by QB.
Step 2. Then follow the regular sync process to QB.
Error QBWC 1039: There was a problem adding the application
When you try to reconnect the company file to a third-party application or to Warehouse Manager using the QuickBooks Web Connector, you see this message:
Error QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check the QBWCLog.txt for details.
Error Unique file ID required.
Why this is happening
This error could be caused by either of 2 things:
- The company file has been moved from its original location.
- The third-party application or Warehouse Manager was incorrectly removed from the QuickBooks Web Connector.
How to fix it
Reinstall the .qwc file to Web Connector Estimated time: 15 minutes
- Download the QBWC CP3Tool. (Note:This download requires Internet Explorer 10, Chrome, or Firefox browsers.)
- Double-click the QBWC_CP3Tool_Installer.exe file to install the tool.
- After the installation completes, select Launch the QBWC CP3Tool.
- Minimize the tool.
- If you haven't done so already, download the .qwc file for your application: If you are using Warehouse Management, you can find the .qwc file by clicking the Settings Icon/Maintenance option. If you are unsure how to get the .qwc file for another application, contact your third-party vendor for more information.
- Open QuickBooks and select the company file you are having trouble with.
- Make a backup copy of this company file. (The tool asks you to do this, so it is easier to do it first.)
- Bring the QBWC CP3 Tool back up on the screen by clicking it in the Taskbar.
- Click Select File and locate the .qwc file.
- Click Remove Stamp.
- When the Application Certificate appears, select the third option, Yes,whenever this QuickBooks company file is open, and then click Continue.
- In the Application Access Request window click Yes.
- On the access confirmation message, click Done.
- Click OK on the message asking you to make a backup, since you already did this in step 7.
- The QBWC CP3 Tool will display a confirmation message if the owner ID was successfully removed.
- Close the QBWC CP3 Tool.
- Install the .qwc file to the Web Connector: Open Web Connector and click Add Application.Go to the.qwc file for your third-party application and open it. Enter your third-party password in the Web Connector, and click Yes on the message to save the password.
The Web Connector is now ready to sync.
Error Code 3060
StatusCode: 3060; There was an error when converting the quantity "1.0" in the field "item quantity". QuickBooks error message: You cannot set the quantity for items of this type.
If you add a Discount product to your account, so you can show Discounts as a separate line item, you might encounter this error.
How To Resolve This Error
- Open up your Quickbooks account
- Find your Items List
- Find the "Discount" item
- Change the Item Type from "Discount" to "Non-inventory" or "Service"
- Try syncing again from shopVOX