Master Guide to Apparel Decoration
🚦Start Here🚦 A master guide for screen printers, embroiderers, and apparel decorators on using shopVOX to run their shop
This guide will help you get the most of the specific features for apparel decorators within shopVOX.
Quoting and Order Entry 💻
Order entry is the all important first step in running your shop more effectively. Learn how to do it the right way with the following articles.
- How to create new quotes for your customers and leads
- How to followup on quotes to close more orders
Adding Line Items to Quotes and Sales Orders
- How to add Screen Printed Apparel to Quotes and Sales Orders
- How to add Embroidered Apparel to Quotes and Sales Orders
- How to add Direct to Garment printed Apparel to Quotes and Sales Orders
- How to add Heat Transfer applied Apparel to Quotes and Sales Orders
- How to add Color Changes and PMS Color Matches to Quotes and Sales Orders
- How to add Shipping Charges to Quotes and Sales Orders
Creating Sales Orders
- What is a Sales Order?
- How to convert Quotes to Sales Orders
- How to get down-payments and deposits for your orders
Design and Proofing 🎨
- How to create proofs for your decorated apparel
- How to upload customer samples and other assets for the design team
- How to upload a proof
- How to remove a proof
- How to send the proof to your customer for review
- How to upload multiple proofs
- How to attach a proof to the quote
Purchasing and Receiving 👕
- How to create your "need to order" list of garments
- How to create a Purchase Order for your "daily order" of shirts
- How to create a Purchase Order individually for a Sales Order
- How to create Purchase Orders for Promotional Products
- How to receive apparel and blank garments
Production Management ⚙️
- How to manage your decorated apparel production with the Job Boards
- How to assign a press for your screen printing job
- How to manage the daily production schedule
- How to flag rush jobs
Invoicing and Payment 💵
- When should I create the invoice?
- How to record a payment
- How to generate a Packing Slip
- How to generate Box Labels
- How to generate a shipping label using our FedEx and UPS integration
- What reports are important for Apparel Decorators?
- How to use our Jobs - Apparel Industry report
shopVOX Setup for Apparel Decorators 🚧
Proper setup and implementation of shopVOX is important to make the system work best for your shop. Here's our best practices for apparel decorators.
Click File > Make a Copy to customize this for your shop
Blank Garments and Apparel
- Set your markups for our integrated apparel catalogs like Sanmar, Alpha Broder, and TSC
- Create and upload your own custom apparel catalogs from other suppliers
- Starter products for Apparel Decorators
- How to setup pricing for Screen Printing
- How to setup pricing for Embroidery
- How to setup pricing for Direct To Garment
- How to setup pricing for Heat Transfer
- How to setup pricing for Dye Sublimation
- How to setup pricing for Promotional Products
- Starter workflow templates for Apparel Decorators
- How to customize the Apparel Decorator workflow templates for your shop
Common Questions ❓
Here's some of the most common questions we get from customers like you.
- How do I add customer supplied garments to a quote or sales order?
- How do I add apparel styles that aren't listed in the integrated catalogs?
- How do add additional apparel styles to a quote or sales order?
- How do I quote multiple options or quantities of shirts or hats?
- How do I see a detailed breakdown of cost and price?
- How do I stop the price for my apparel from recalculating when I update the quote or sales order?
- How do I setup pricing for contract or trade work?
- How can I give one customer special pricing on their shirts and apparel?