How to Connect to Quickbooks Desktop version using the Setup Wizard
This article will teach you how to setup the sync for your invoices, payment, credit memos and purchase orders to your Quickbooks Desktop account. This will give you a full picture of all your sales, accounts receivables and sales tax information.
Here is a short explanation of what needs to be done first
Before you can sync any invoices or payments to Quickbooks Desktop, there are few things that need to happen.
- Setup and install the Quickbooks Web Connector
- Add your Chart of Accounts, Sales Taxes, Term Codes, Payment Methods, and Employees from Quickbooks into your shopVOX account
The next section will explain how to do the initial setup using our Setup Wizard.
What can be posted to QuickBooks Desktop?
- Credit Memos
- Purchase Orders
What is the recommended order of items to follow when syncing?
We recommend you follow this order when syncing to Quickbooks Desktop.
- Credit Memos
- Un-Applied Payments
Purchase Orders can be synced at any time.
Our Setup Wizard makes your shopVOX to QuickBooks Desktop integration easy!
Setting up the Quickbooks Web Connector
The first step is to setup the connection between the two apps. Newer versions of QuickBooks already have the Web Connector included. To check, in QuickBooks, open the File Menu. You should see an option called Update Web Services - if so, you're clear to move to the next step! If you have an older version please use this link to install the free application.
When you signed up for shopVOX, you probably already selected which version of QuickBooks you planned to use. If not, be sure to let us know that you'd like to connect your Account to QuickBooks Desktop. You can use the chat feature within the app to let us know.
In shopVOX go to:
- Store Name > Account Settings > Setting link
- Near the bottom of that page, check enable Quickbooks
- Enter/create a password to be used in the Quickbooks web connector NOTE: This doesn't have to be your login to shopVOX. It can be anything you want. It will be visible, so don't use anything that might be used to login to other sites or accounts.
- Confirm the date of the recent sync to be the current date or a time frame of your choice
- Download the QWC file
In Quickbooks Web Connector go to:
- File > Add application
- Navigate to the downloaded QWC file saved from shopVOX and add.
- Accept the application and it will show as an accepted web program within the program
- In the time field enter a sync time of 1 to 5 minutes.
- In the password field enter the password previously entered in shopVOX.
It should now be connected to sync with shopVOX.
A little house keeping...
There are a couple of things to make sure are done in you Quickbooks account for the sync to work properly.
- Sales Tax - Make sure "Do you charge sales tax?" is answered as Yes
- Accounting - Company Preferences tab make sure the "Use account Numbers" is checked.
To verify these settings are checked. Go to Edit > Preferences
On the Accounting section > Company preferences tab > check the Use Account Numbers flag
Use the Setup Wizard to import your QuickBooks based items into shopVOX
Here is a checklist of the items you'll need to setup in shopVOX. Each item needs to be setup exactly the same way you have it setup in QuickBooks Online. Importing these items will insure that the setup will be correct.
- Sales Taxes
- Chart of Accounts (COA)
- Payment Methods
- Term Codes
Open the Setup Wizard - Company Menu > Setup Wizard.
In the left side bar, click Setup QBD based items.
On each tab click the Green button - Tax Rates, Tax Groups, Chart of Accounts, Payment Methods, and Term Codes
When you click the Green button, it will fetch the appropriate information from your Quickbooks database, via the Quickbooks Web Connector.(QWC)
NOTE: You may need to click the Update selected button on the QWC.
As you 'Get' the information for each tab, you can select which elements you would like to add to your shopVOX account, by clicking the check box next to the items. Click the 'Copy selected' button and this will import them into your Account. If the item is grayed out, it means that the item already exists in shopVOX.
Step Five: Create the COA mapping
Once you've setup your QuickBooks Accounts within shopVOX, you will need to "map" them to the appropriate shopVOX Accounts. This tells shopVOX which of the QuickBooks Accounts it needs to use for each type of transaction in shopVOX.
To create the COA Mappings, in the left side bar, click COA Mappings.
In each drop down, select the QuickBooks account you want to use for each type of transaction.
*NOTE: The Income and Cost of Goods Accounts that you map here are the default accounts and you can only map one of each. You can choose any of the accounts you setup in the Chart of Accounts page when you setup your Products and Materials.
Once you've completed the setup, it's time to have it verified.
Please contact our live Support team...
through the Chat link in the app and they'll check to make sure everything is setup correctly and then enable the sync function for shopVOX and QuickBooks.
Questions? Feel free to chat with our Live Support Team or send an email to email@example.com